As TVs become impossibly thinner with almost non-existent bezels, this leaves very little room for internal speakers.Therefore, it’s little wonder that soundbars have become the perfect companion to TVs and are on the rise in popularity.They add an affordable depth and richness in sound compared to inadequate TV speakers.
If you've already mounted your TV to the wall, the next step is to mount your soundbar in the optimum position for the best sound.
Consider a few important factors before you mount your soundbar to the wall. Some of these factors are going to be aesthetic, sound quality, convenience, and cost of course. Let’s check out what it takes to successfully wall mounting a soundbar.
Pros and Cons of Mounting a Soundbar to the Wall
Installing a soundbar in your living room or bedroom can improve its aesthetics. Aside from that, it can also enhance the functionality of your space. But just like any other device, here are some Pros and Cons that will hopefully solidify your decision.
- Clean and Organized Look – The sleek look of a wall mounted soundbar makes the room look well organized. If you maintain the wire management, it will look flawless.
- Safety – Since you’ll mount the soundbar where it will be secure, no one will accidentally bump into it.
- Less Wear and Tear – Mounting your soundbar using a universal sound bar bracket will allow you to secure the device in one place. In addition, there will be less chance for accidents that could damage your soundbar this way, such as spilling drinks.
- Listening Height – One of the issues with mounting the soundbar could be with the listening height. Placing the soundbar too high could cause obstruction and poor quality performance to the sound. So, please install your device within the recommended height.
- Possible Vibrations – If the soundbar is not installed and mounted properly, this could cause bad vibrations and even cause it to fall off the wall. Mounting it directly into drywall is also unsafe.
How to Mount a Soundbar to the Wall
If you make up your mind to mount a soundbar to the wall, here are the simple steps to ensure you do it correctly
- First, decide where to mount your device. Make sure to choose the right location as it is the key to not losing sound quality.
- Locate the studs into which you will be drilling. It is vital to put it on studs to avoid vibration and guarantee that it is securely mounted on the wall. If your display is already installed, finding the studs should be simple.
- Afterwards, you must pre-drill the holes for the mounting brackets. Finally, consider if the soundbar you want to attach is built for mounting; some mounting kits have weight restrictions, so make sure the two devices are compatible.
- After mounting the soundbar, ensure that it won’t allow any vibration. The easiest solution is to place a foam gasket within the gap between the soundbar and the mount.
These tips can help you achieve better audio performance. They also help eliminate the risks involved in wall mounting a soundbar.
Overall, a well-mounted soundbar won’t cause you any problems. You can also find soundbar brackets and other wall mounting tools to make the entire process seamless. There are a few pros and cons that hopefully will help you make a decision on whether or not to mount your soundbar.